|Titlu:||Instrumental assessment of the calming efficacy after induction of sun erythema.|
|Obiective:||To assess the soothing efficacy of a product versus a reference product after repeated application to skin previously exposed to UV radiation.|
|Planificare:||Duration of the study: 8 days.
Beginning: 3 weeks upon receipt of the samples.
Report: 3 weeks after the end of the study.
|Metodologie:||Colorimetric measurement with Chromameter® or Mexameter® or Colorimeter® of the erythematous skin reaction (non immunological reaction) induced by a short UVB exposure and evolution over the time after product application.|
|Procedura:||• Previous determination of the minimal erythemal dose MED (less than 8 days before the beginning of the study).
• Basal colorimetric measurements on the experimental sites (2 test sites and 1 control site).
• UV exposure (2 MED) of the experimental sites.
• Application of each product at the investigating centre for 4 consecutive days.
• Daily colorimetric measurements on UV spots and adjacent sites on each experimental site (test and control) for 4 consecutive days.
• Statistical comparis on of the results obtained before and after treatment for each product, at each experimental time.
Optional: Additional controls